You can connect awork and Slack, so that your activities from awork will be postet to Slack. Furthermore, you can work on awork projects from within slack, e.g. create new tasks, edit existing tasks and much more.
Set up Slack Integration
To create the integration go to Settings/Integrations and click on the slack logo.
Now you will be forwarded to Slack and will be asked to enter your team name and allow awork access to your Slack-Team. Afterward, you will be forwarded to awork and need to log in to the workspace that should be linked to slack.
Now every user that wants to actively use the integration needs to link his/her awork and Slack accounts. Users that just want to see messages in a channel don't need to do this. Every user will be asked to link the account when they have their first interaction with the integration. Alternatively, you can use the command "/connect" to link your accounts.
Tip: The language of messages from the integration is the one the user that created the integration has set in awork. Private notifications will be in the current users' awork language.
Link an awork project with Slack
A project can be linked to a Slack channel from the project details. Just click the three dots and select Link to Slack. Now awork asks you to select the channel and all actions that should trigger a message in Slack.
The linked channel will be shown in the projects details.
You can just link one project per Slack channel.
Linking closed Slack channels
Closed Slack channels can only be linked from within the Slack channel itself.
First, the Slack integration must be set up in awork (see above).
- Open the closed channel in Slack that you want to link.
- Invite the awork bot to the channel by posting a message with the text "@awork" in the channel.
- A window will open with a request to add awork to the channel. Confirm the invitation.
- For the slash command "/link". A project selection opens. Select the project to be linked to the channel.
- The project is now linked to the closed channel.
- The notification settings can be made in the awork project as described above.
Edit tasks in Slack
When a new task is created in awork it will be posted to the linked Slack channel. Now you can work with that task in Slack. You can do the following things:
- Change task status
- (Re-)assign a user
- Set a deadline
- Comment on the task
Create tasks/time tracking entries from Slack
The awork Slack integration allows you to work in awork directly from slack. You can use the following "/" commands (The content between [ ] is the name of awork entities you want to use or create):
- /add [task] - Creates a new task in awork
- /comment [task]:[Text] - Creates a new comment on a task
- /connect - Link Slack account with awork account
- /disconnect - Delete link between Slack und awork account
- /link [project] - Link an awork project to a Slack channel
- /start [task/project] - Start time tracking for a task/project
- /stop - Stop time tracking
- /unlink - Delete link between awork project and Slack channel
E.g. you can simply type "/add Design new logo" in Slack. This will create the task "Design new logo" in your linked awork project.
awork BOT/Show awork notifications in Slack
If you have linked your Slack account to your awork account you will find awork as an app in slack. In this "channel" you will see all your notifications if you choose to show them in slack.
You can also use all "/" commands. E.g. you can create private tasks or start a timer.