You can create invoices directly from awork with the billing integration. The integration works with the following tools:
Set up integration
Set up the integration in awork
To set up the billing integration go to settings / integrations. Now you can select your billing tool.
Then you need to enter the API key from your billing tool. (See below how to get the API key from your billing tool.) Just copy and paste the key into the field and click on save. Now the integration is activated.
Get API key from the billing tool
You can find the API token under settings / user.
The API key can be generated using the following link: https://app.lexoffice.de/login?redirect=%2Fsettings%2F%23%2Fpublic-api
You can find more information here.
You can find the API token under Admin / API Clients.
You can create invoices from time reports. Just click the dollar icon in the top and select create invoice.
Now you will be shown an overview of all your billable, not-billable and billed times.
Using new invoice vs existing draft
In this step, you can decide if you want to create a new invoice or use an existing draft.
Select level for positions
Now you can select the following options for your invoice positions:
- Groups = Positions: only the group titles with the sums of the groups will be used as invoice positions (this option is only available if you have grouped the time report!)
- Sums = Positions: only the summed time entries will be used as invoice positions (this option is only available if you have activated sums in the time report!)
- Times = Position: every time entry will be an invoice position.
Position text and quantity unit
The next step allows you to select which entity should be used as text for the position. There are the following options:
- Project name
- Task name
- User name
Furthermore, you can decide if you want to bill the times by days or hours. One day will always be eight hours.
Adjust data and enter prices
Now you can enter a price for each position. You can also add or edit data. There are the following options:
- Change the name of the position
- Change the number of hours/days
- Delete positions
- Change the order of positions
- Create new positions
Mark time entries as billed and create invoice
The last step allows you to set all the time entries as billed and create the invoice in your billing tool. You can now close the window or go directly to the invoice in your billing tool.