awork voice is the skill from awork for the Google Assistant. With awork voice you can use awork via voice commands.
To do that you need to activate the awork voice skill in your Google Assistant account.
Afterwards you can use the skill in Google Assistant and on the Google Home devices.
What can I do with awork voice?
Even though awork voice is still in it's infancy, you can perform many helpful actions:
Create new task
"Ok Google, talk to awork voice. Create a new task: Prepare presentation"
Now you will have a new private tasks "Prepare presentation". At the moment awork voice only supports private task, because there are still some challenges to match task to projects via voice.
After you create a task, awork voice will ask you to set a deadline. You can simply answer something like "tomorrow", "Monday" or "Next week".
Start and stop time trackings
"Ok Google, talk to awork voice. Start a timer."
"Ok Google, talk to awork voice. Stop the timer."
awork voice will ask you if you want to work on the same task, if your last time tracking was connected to as task.
If there is already a timer running, awork voice will ask if you want to stop the timer to start a new one or if your comment should be ignored.
Recommend a task
"Ok Google, talk to awork voice. Is there anything to do?"
awork voice will recommend your most urgent task to you. If you want to work on another task just say "next" or "Give me another task".
If you say "Start timer" you start tracking time for that task.
Ask for due tasks
"Ok Google, talk to awork voice. Are there any due tasks till Monday?"
awork voice will tell you the amount of tasks you have to finish till Monday.
Check for new notifications
"Ok Google, talk to awork voice. Are there any new notifications?"
awork voice will tell you if you have any new notifications.
Set up awork voice
The setup of awork voice does not work with a google home device, because you will need a display and a keyboard to sign in. If you connected it with your google account, you will be able to use your google home devices.
1. Download the Google Assistant app
- Google Assistant comes preinstalled on most Android smartphones. Otherwise you can download it in the Google Play Store.
- If you use an iPhone download the app from the App Store.
- Sign in to the app with your Google account
Unfortunately you can't use the Google Assistant in a web browser.
2. Activate awork voice
- Open the following link on your smartphone: awork - Google Assistant
- You smartphone should forward you to the google assistant app and show the details for awork voice. Click on "try now" to acticate awork voice.
- If you are singed in to your Google account you can now send awork voice to your connceted devices via your browser (link).
3. Connect your awork account with google
To tell awork voice which user and workspace to use, you need to connect awork and awork voice. awork voice will prompt you to login to awork. Your information will be saved in your Google account.
- Google Assistant App: Start awork voice by saying / writing "Ok Google. Talk to awork voice" Now the app will ask you to log in to awork.
- You can connect to awork in your web browser using this Link and click on connect. Now you will see the awork log in screen. You can only see the button if you are signed in to Google.
4. Active the Assistant
You can activate the assistant with the command "Ok Google, talk to awork voice". Now awork waits for your commands.
awork voice is closed right after every conversation. This means you need to repeat the command for every interaction.
- The Google Assistant will handle awork voice commands as private and limit themn though Voice Match, because awork voice demands a login to awork. Only the User of the Google Account kan use the functions of awork voice via voice commands.